Coconut Lime Cupcakes

So, the other day I was watching 2 Broke Girls - and for anybody who doesn't know, basically it's a show about two girls with a cupcake business. I've finished the first season and I think I'm at 1/3 of the second, maybe. They kept saying 'cupcake' that it made me want to make cupcakes, so right now I'm on a cupcake kick. I snapped when Max said something about coconut lime cupcakes - that made me yearn for some. So after searching for one that won't make me feel lazy, I found this, and modified to my liking. And it's sooooo gooood. Like, really so good that you'll forget you're still smack dab in the middle of the colder months. It's so tropically amazing. Read on for the recipe! :)



I know I've been on a really long baking kick. I'm still itching to bake and try other things as we speak. Anyway, I halved the recipe and still ended up with about 18 normal diet-friendly sized cupcakes, so it's all good. The original recipe source called for home made lime curd but I was too lazy to do that, so I skipped it, and it still tasted really heavenly. 


Coconut Lime Cupcakes

3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks, room temp)
1 cup sugar
zest of two limes
3 eggs (at room temperature)
1 tsp Madagascar Bourbon vanilla extract
juice of one lime
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup buttermilk (or sub with 7 1/2 tbsp milk + 1/2 tbsp white vinegar)
1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
Cream Cheese frosting with Lime (I halved this recipe)
1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted (for topping)

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Combine sugar and lime zest in a bowl until fully incorporated. Add the butter and cream until it looks light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla and the lime juice. 
4. In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients together. 
5. Mix the dry ingredients and the buttermilk with the wet ingredients, until incorporated.
6. Fold in the coconut. 
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. 
8. When completely cooled, frost with Cream Cheese frosting with Lime and top with toasted shredded coconut.
Makes 18 regular sized cupcakes.


Try it and I'm sure you'll love it. Looking at the photos I took makes me crave for them again, and I know my photos don't look that good. It's just the memory of their taste. Mmmmm. 


Anyhoo, what is your favorite cupcake flavor? Leave me with your thoughts, and enjoy the start of the week! :)

3 comments

  1. They look so yummy!I am know fancying cupcakes so bad... ;)
    I posted an easy recipe on my blog at www.thisisdiy.worpress.com. It's very easy and can't go wrong!
    Thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas, keep on like this! I love your blog!
    TiD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I was nominated for a Leibster award which is for new/newish bloggers with under 200 followers. In turn I get to nominate 11 bloggers. You are one of the bloggers I am nominating. It's just something fun to do to connect with other bloggers and get to know them better. Details:

    http://www.2brokebruces.com/2013/02/id-like-to-thank-academy.html

    xo,
    Misty at Two Broke Bruces

    P.S. - As far as I could tell all of the nominees I selected have less then 200 followers, but I apologize if I am incorrect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I do have less than 200 followers, but I've been nominated already, heehee. :)

      Delete

Back to Top